Skip to main content

Pink for a Girl

The title for this entry is part of the book title that I'm reading now, besides two other books that I mentioned in my previous entry. Got this book yesterday, bought through amazon.co.uk. At first, I wanted to buy "The Stork Club" by Imogen Edwards-Jones and it is common for amazon.co.uk to suggest another book which is realated to the book that I intended to buy. Well, let me share some description of the book, taken from amazon.co.uk.

Product Description
This emotionally honest account of one woman's experience of unexplained infertility will strike an emotional cord with the one in six couples that experience fertility problems. The book will help to promote discussion between partners who are finding it difficult to name their feelings surrounding their own infertility. It will also prove invaluable for the friends, family, doctors and therapists of those couples; people who may have no idea of the depth and complexity of emotions surrounding the issue. "Pink for a Girl" is sometimes funny, sometimes sad, always real.


From the Author
Why did I write my book – Pink for a Girl? My book started life as a diary: Somewhere for me to download when I felt overwhelmed by my whole experience of trying – and failing - to have a baby. Somewhere for me to try and make sense of my feelings, to try and regain some semblance of control over the unexpected direction my life was taking. Several exercise books later, I realised that my story could potentially help other women: Women who would love to have children but were experiencing problems. Women who were trying to find a way through the, often, dark and lonely maze of involuntary childlessness. Women who could do without reading another sob story about infertility that ended with ‘and imagine my delight when I realised I was pregnant.’ Threads within the book: At its most fundamental level, Pink for a Girl is a story about coming to terms with unexplained infertility. Pink for a Girl is also a story about creating your own happy ending – and realising that even though life is seldom perfect, it can still be fantastic. Please visit my blogspot: pinkforagirl.blogspot.com

Melayan perasaan la kejap dengan membaca buku ini....Happy reading....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy birthday Fida & Aishah....

I really hope that Fida & Aishah will read this entry - especially dedicated to them. I do not prefer sending wishes through facebook or friendster (although I always use the medium) because sometimes it hangs in the middle of posting something etc .The internet connection in Malaysia is not so good, and sometimes facebook and friendster cramps with lots of users (I assumed la since payah nak bukak).... To Fida & Aishah - Happy Birthday Sweet - 28. May Allah Bless you always, may all your wishes will come true. Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to Fida & Aishah, Happy birthday to you....

2016

Setelah sekian lama bersawang .... Harapannya agar tahun 2016 blog ini akan kembali terisi walaupun tidak kerap. Biasalah, medan untuk meluahkan perasaan....Baru perasan, tahun 2015 bermula dan berakhir tanpa sebarang penulisan, huhuhu.... Semoga tahun ini blog ini "hidup" sebagai kenangan buat pemiliknya & mereka yang membaca....

We've been trying....

We've been trying for the past 3 and half years to have a kid. We've gone through several treatments, myself also undergone a minor surgery called 'laparoscopic surgery'. Alhamdulillah, for the first time in my life the UPT shows a positive sign and it was on the very early morning of the 5th of December 2008. My hubby was very happy at that time. We went to a clinic to confirm the pregnancy (scan) and yes, I'm pregnant. The follow-up appointment with specialist was scheduled on the 17th of December 2008. At that time, the baby was fine & it was already 6 weeks. The doctor asked me to come & scan the baby again on the following week, because he needs to check & confirm on my baby heart beat. And 24th of December 2008 was a nightmare for us. The baby heart beat cannot be detected and the doctor felt that this is abnormal. I've been given two options at that time: to do D&C - abort the baby or another two weeks time to rescan & see how's it...