Skip to main content

John Grisham's Novels

I'm a big fan of John Grisham since I was 17 years old. It happened unexpectedly (I fall in love with his novels), during my long vacation after the SPM exams - while waiting for the results. My mum borrowed some English novels from the library, hoping that by reading the English novels my English proficiency will be improved. It does, thank you mum and it also makes me fall in love again and again to John Grisham (to his novels, to be exact, not him okay). The first novel that I read was The Client (if I'm not mistaken).

Not long after reading "The Client", I watched the movie (adapted from the novel). My dad also watched the movie and he said he adored the main kid character of the movie - the kid is brave and brilliant. I thought the same too. We also watched "A Time to Kill" (movie) and it was fascinating. At that time I haven't read the novel yet.

The first John Grisham's novel that I bought was "The Chamber" and the second one was "The Brethren" (I used my scholarship money for that). The English novels are quite expensive compared to the Malay novels (in Malaysia). Since then, I started collecting his novels. When I was in Australia (Brisbane), I managed to buy the second hand novels (it is cheaper and in a good condition). By doing this, my dream of having all his novels will come true. Yeah, it will one day.

And yesterday.... My dream is not just a dream anymore. My hubby bought me a copy of "Playing for Pizza" at MPH Alamanda. I had all the novels now. What I need to do is putting all the novels together in one shelf. I'm a bit worry because sometime my sisters borrowed the novels and put it somewhere else (I might have loose some of it - oh no, really hope that there is no such thing). I have to search for it. I'll double check the boxes (shipping from Brisbane - all my stuffs including the novels). I bought "The Appeal" and "The Innocent Man" at Brisbane too (the new copy). Hope that I have everything in a good condition (except for "A Painted House" - someone accidentally made it wet but the damaged is under control - it still can be read).

Right now, I'm reading "Playing for Pizza". I'll share with all of you the list of John Grisham's novels:


A Time To Kill (1989)
The Firm (1991)

The Pelican Brief (1992)

The Client (1993)

The Chamber (1994)

The Rainmaker (1995)

The Runaway Jury (1996)

The Partner (1997)

The Street Lawyer (1998)

The Testament (1999)

The Brethren (2000)

A Painted House (2001)

Skipping Christmas (2001)

The Summons (2002)

The King of Torts (2003)

Bleachers (2003)

The Last Juror (2004)

The Broker (2005)

The Innocent Man (2006)

Playing for Pizza (2007)

The Appeal (2008)


I've also watched all the movies (as far as I'm concerned) adapted from John Grisham's novels such as The Pelican Brief, The Client, A Time To Kill, The Chamber, The Runaway Jury, The Rainmaker, Skipping Christmas etc. Of course, reading the novels are more interesting (you can try to imagine what happened next by reading from one chapter to another chapter). Reading is fun, watching movie is also fun but I prefer reading.

Among the novels, my favorite is "The Pelican Brief". I don't really know why but "The Pelican Brief" for me is full of action. The novel itself contains full of action - anything can happened and what's next. It keeps you reading because you want to know how it ends. I love it very much. I've watched the movie (adapted from the novel) but the movie for me is considered as less excitement compared to the novel itself. The second in my list is "The Appeal". Although it is a "fiction" novel, I think that in reality, this kind of things happened and we deal with it.

In summary, I love all John Grisham's novels.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setahun tanpa post

Seriously, tengok-tengok dah setahun tak mencoret apa-apa kat blog ni. Biar betul....Tapi itulah hakikatnya. Sampai terlupa  la ada blog, yang dah bersawang  ni . Kena vacuum sikit hari ni....Selamat berpuasa semua (sebelum merapek tak tentu hala). Updates? Rasanya banyak sangat yang jadi dalam tempoh setahun ni. Our si tecik pun dah nak masuk 2 tahun tak lama lagi, kejap jer masa berlalu. Makin becok minah tu, banyak karenah dan ragam yang menghiburkan kami ;-D Kerja masih macam biasa, sekarang takde admin post so boleh fokus on self development sebenarnya. Masih merangkak-rangkak dalam dunia akademik yang mencabar ni. Doa - doakan yer . Hubby? Masih macam tu, makin kurus kot sebab dia jaga badan. Badan tuan empunya blog ni makin bambam, sebab kuat makan ;-D Tapi masih yer main netball. Naib johan lagi tahun ni kat sukan staf (memanjang naib johan, bila nak jadi johan?), hahaha. Bentuk & berat badan bukan penentu keaktifan dalam sukan, chewaaah. Sekarang tengah bua

June 2011 - an UPDATE

Bulan nie, memang students cuti tapi kami tak. So bersusun jadual penuh dengan meeting, bengkel, seminar dan sebagainya, pulun nak penuhkan 7 hari berkursus = 42 jam untuk CPD. If semester tengah berlangsung, susah sikit sebab kena attend lectures & tutorials. Target semester break nie adalah menghadiri seminar yang free, anywhere yang berdekatan & berkaitan, hehehe.... Apa plan weekend nie? Well, I will have a long weekend since amik cuti extra (of course tolak cuti tahunan). Baru setengah tahun, cuti pun dah banyak habis. Nak kena simpan untuk raya + konvo gak. Tapi masa semester berlangsung, bukan senang nak amik cuti. Buat plak kelas sepanjang minggu, confirm takleh apply cuti. If hari takde kelas jer baru boleh cuti. So masa semester break nie pulun la amik cuti. Long weekend nak pi mana? Hehehe, apa lagi, balik Kulim la. Masih belum berkesempatan tengok anak buah yang baru, Muhammad Naufal. Then ada wedding cousin, so alang-alang balik sana dapat gak makan nasik minyak. P

Doaku Untukmu Sayang - Wali Band

Selalu baca blog Ain, asyik dengar lagu yang sedap tu. So carilah liriknya....Counting days to 8 years this coming 5th May 2013 - this song is for you sayang , Endz Sophian. Kau mau apa, pasti kan kuberi Kau minta apa, akan kuturuti Walau harus aku terlelah dan letih Ini demi kamu sayang Aku tak akan berhenti Menemani dan menyayangimu Hingga matahari tak terbit lagi Bahkan bila aku mati Ku kan berdoa pada Ilahi Tuk satukan kami di surga nanti Tahukah kamu apa yang kupinta Di setiap doa sepanjang hariku Tuhan tolong aku, tolong jaga dia Tuhan aku sayang dia Tuhan tolong aku, juga jaga dia Tuhan ku pun sayang dia I love you so much.....