Skip to main content

Today's Activities

Well, today is Thursday.... Nothing special but I managed to get a few things done.... First, we went to HSBC Jalan Ipoh to close our joint account there. Because of HSBC is considered as an international bank, they charge RM10 for each withdrawal done at local banks such as Maybank, CIMB and many more (they claim that the local banks actually charge them this rate - they are not the one who get the money). Just imagine, total charges for the withdrawal that we made in 3 months is RM200. We think that such amount is not worth spending that way especially with the increase in petrol price starting 12.01 am today (frankly speaking - I did not expect they increased the price to RM2.70 per liter - very expensive). We closed the account and deposited the cash to Tabung Haji at Jalan Tun Razak (second things done - cross the "to do" checklist).

Next, we went to Low Yatt Plaza. My husband wants to upgrade his PC's, buy the t.v. card and a few computer gadgets. I intended to upgrade my laptop too but unfortunately, it is not worth upgrading (expensive RAM and labor costs). My husband managed to get what he wants (he got the list for "things to buy").

Our next stop is Maybank at Bandar Baru Bangi. I planned to open up an account at Maybank since I've already take their Islamic hire purchase loan (for my car). Having an account at Maybank will make my life easier when it is the time to pay the loan each month (by the end of every months - to be exact, for 7 years). We reached Maybank Bandar Bangi during lunch time so there was no one to entertain me with my new account application. One of the staff asked me to fill in the required forms and come back at 2 pm. Luckily there was several restaurants nearby. We went to the nearest restaurant so my husband can have his lunch while I filled up the forms. At the same time, there was a cobbler too in front of the bank so that while waiting there, I sent two pairs of my shoes to be mended. It took about 25 minutes for me to open an account and activate it (the time taken including: depositing the cash, changing the pin number, set the internet banking etc.), plus ten minutes for my husband to change his current Maybank card to the new Maybank visa debit card (I got the new one immediately).

Then we headed to Pusat Rawatan Islam Az-Zahrah - to make an appointment for my medical check-up tomorrow and to ask the staff on how much they normally charge for the medical check-up. The counter staff said that no appointment needed in order to make the medical check-up. However, I should come early in the morning to do that. The cost is RM100++, depends on what tests are required (normally it depends to what is needed by the institution and this is reflected by the medical forms given to the customers). The staff explained that they are two types of urine tests, several types of blood tests etc. I forgot to bring the medical form that I received from UUM, so they can't really fix how much it will cost if I would like to do my medical check-up at Pusat Perubatab Az-Zahrah. Never mind, at least I have the rough idea of how much it will cost me. As far as I'm concern, doing the medical check-up in private hospital will definitely cut off my waiting time (of course public hospital is much more cheaper, maybe the cheapest but everyone knew how long they have to wait - it may take more than a day to complete the medical form).

What else to do.... Well, we went back to USIM and then we decided to buy some stuffs at Giant Nilai. My husband bought one magazine, an antenna for his PC's t.v. and top-up his Digi prepaid credit while I bought some stationaries (pen, clear folder etc.). Guess what? The sweetest moment of the day was when I spotted the novel that I searched for a couple of weeks now - Ketika Cinta Bertasbih (Episod 2), a novel by Habiburrahman El Shirazy (I've read Ketika Cinta Bertasbih - Episod 1 and it was awesome). Oh my God, I can't believe that finally the second novel is out.

I'll update this blog later, Insya-Allah [maybe I should dedicated one entry about this novel - Ketika Cinta Betasbih (Episod 2)] when I finished reading the novel.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setahun tanpa post

Seriously, tengok-tengok dah setahun tak mencoret apa-apa kat blog ni. Biar betul....Tapi itulah hakikatnya. Sampai terlupa  la ada blog, yang dah bersawang  ni . Kena vacuum sikit hari ni....Selamat berpuasa semua (sebelum merapek tak tentu hala). Updates? Rasanya banyak sangat yang jadi dalam tempoh setahun ni. Our si tecik pun dah nak masuk 2 tahun tak lama lagi, kejap jer masa berlalu. Makin becok minah tu, banyak karenah dan ragam yang menghiburkan kami ;-D Kerja masih macam biasa, sekarang takde admin post so boleh fokus on self development sebenarnya. Masih merangkak-rangkak dalam dunia akademik yang mencabar ni. Doa - doakan yer . Hubby? Masih macam tu, makin kurus kot sebab dia jaga badan. Badan tuan empunya blog ni makin bambam, sebab kuat makan ;-D Tapi masih yer main netball. Naib johan lagi tahun ni kat sukan staf (memanjang naib johan, bila nak jadi johan?), hahaha. Bentuk & berat badan bukan penentu keaktifan dalam sukan, chewaaah. Sekarang tengah bua

June 2011 - an UPDATE

Bulan nie, memang students cuti tapi kami tak. So bersusun jadual penuh dengan meeting, bengkel, seminar dan sebagainya, pulun nak penuhkan 7 hari berkursus = 42 jam untuk CPD. If semester tengah berlangsung, susah sikit sebab kena attend lectures & tutorials. Target semester break nie adalah menghadiri seminar yang free, anywhere yang berdekatan & berkaitan, hehehe.... Apa plan weekend nie? Well, I will have a long weekend since amik cuti extra (of course tolak cuti tahunan). Baru setengah tahun, cuti pun dah banyak habis. Nak kena simpan untuk raya + konvo gak. Tapi masa semester berlangsung, bukan senang nak amik cuti. Buat plak kelas sepanjang minggu, confirm takleh apply cuti. If hari takde kelas jer baru boleh cuti. So masa semester break nie pulun la amik cuti. Long weekend nak pi mana? Hehehe, apa lagi, balik Kulim la. Masih belum berkesempatan tengok anak buah yang baru, Muhammad Naufal. Then ada wedding cousin, so alang-alang balik sana dapat gak makan nasik minyak. P

Doaku Untukmu Sayang - Wali Band

Selalu baca blog Ain, asyik dengar lagu yang sedap tu. So carilah liriknya....Counting days to 8 years this coming 5th May 2013 - this song is for you sayang , Endz Sophian. Kau mau apa, pasti kan kuberi Kau minta apa, akan kuturuti Walau harus aku terlelah dan letih Ini demi kamu sayang Aku tak akan berhenti Menemani dan menyayangimu Hingga matahari tak terbit lagi Bahkan bila aku mati Ku kan berdoa pada Ilahi Tuk satukan kami di surga nanti Tahukah kamu apa yang kupinta Di setiap doa sepanjang hariku Tuhan tolong aku, tolong jaga dia Tuhan aku sayang dia Tuhan tolong aku, juga jaga dia Tuhan ku pun sayang dia I love you so much.....